BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Foreignland Journey!

We are now in Prague, but I do not have my journal with me, so I will have to do a long update which may not include everything. But don't worry, I would love to show you pictures and tell you all about it later!!!

Our second day in London we went and actually went in the places (well most of them) that we had seen on the Fat Tire Bike Tour. London was very fast paced, with a lot of tube rides, but we saw some really awesome things! I wish that I could upload pictures from here and show you all how beautiful these places are. We saw a play while in London that was a lot like Broadway shows. The other girls have seen shows on Broadway and said that this was one of their favorites even over the ones from New York. I had never seen a play like that, so that was really really awesome!!!

From London we went to Amsterdam. We spent less than 24 hours there, but still had a blast. Amsterdam was an interesting place, as they all have been. I feel like through this trip I am learning so so much! I haven't really been out of the southern Bible belt a whole lot, and this certainly isn't that! One part of Amsterdam is beautiful with nice ornate churches and then you turn around and there's the Red Light District and really trashy streets. My heart just aches for the people who live there... I am so lucky to have the family, friends and surroundings that I have. I always think I should be in prayer about people all over the world and for them to know the Lord, but I never really knew exactly what it was like. Traveling Europe hasn't just been about hanging out with my friends and getting away from Texas for a while... It has taught me so much about other cultures and religions and ways of living. I am so blessed to be able to be on this trip with 4 other solid girls and be able to learn and visit cool places, but also have an absolute blast! While there we went to the Van Gogh museum, where Starry Night was on display. It was neat to see such a famous painting. I can remember studying it in GT when I went to Story Elementary. Then came my favorite part... the Anne Frank house!!! This was absolutely breathtaking. We walked the stairs she walked, and saw the rooms that she lived in while she was in hiding. This was the best museum I have ever been to. It was very very informative without having too many long stories to read on the walls. I am still processing all that went on there. I cannot wait to get back and read more about all of the neat historical things that we have seen!

From Amsterdam we took a night train to Prague. One itty bitty room with six tiny little beds... that train rocked us to sleep like little babies, though :)

(Which reminds me, I terribly miss my kids from work... good thing I have my phone with pictures of them on there- haha Jamee)

0 comments: